Pinterest Button

Friday, November 20, 2009

Christening Gown Alterations are Finished!


The next step was to tack the lining to the bodice. This I did on the inside, by hand.

Then I serged around the armholes, after the sleeves had been attached.This gives a finished look without a lot of trouble.


Most of the back closure was done when I machine stitched the lining to the bodice. It created a smooth even edge at the center back. I attached clear snaps the the seamline and the neckline. These are easy to fasten on a baby who might not be holding still for a button and buttonhole!

I also made a bonnet, using the beaded fabric from the front of the wedding gown. The finished bonnet and gown are pictured below.

1 comment:

  1. nice style
    I love it so much...
    Really enjoy visiting your blog

    ReplyDelete